Saturday, December 29, 2012

Welcome to Sparkly Snowflakes



The Brighter Light, A Kid-Adult Poeming Month, January 2013


Here is a little introduction to our team members and where we live in the United States. 



We have three members on our team, one adult and two non-adults.



My name is Dr. Pearl Ketover PrilikI am the adult of the team. People sometimes just call me PKP .  In case you were wondering I am not the kind of doctor that you go to get a shot or something, I am the kind of doctor you go to if you have a problem that you want to talk about.   I am also a writer.  I have written about 700 poems, some of which got published in journals and four books which were published a very long time ago.


The other members of our team are my two "Grand-girls"
 Halle Lynn and Rori Cate  

(My team-mates will be telling you more about themselves in another post.)

Through this month of January our team the Sparkly Snowflakes will be working together and posting poems as part of the Bright Light Poetry Challenge which sounds like a huge amount of fun!

I live on the south shore of Long Island in a place called Lido Beach, New York which is close to the Atlantic Ocean.  There was just a very large hurricane named Sandy, which has been called a "Superstorm."  It is over now and everything is returning to normal.





My two "Grand-Girls, "Halle Lynn and Rori Cate live in Newton Massachusetts.


PICTURES WILL FOLLOW RIGHT HERE

You will learn more about both Halle Lynn and Rori Cate as we go through the month.  They have recently moved from Colorado which brings them much closer to me in New York, which makes me very happy and has been a very big change for them.

Halle Lynn is 10 and a half and Rori Cate is 7 and a half.  I am more than 50 and a half ... and we will leave the rest of my years to what is called "poetic license" - which means that you can change the truth a little bit in the name of poetry.

Poetry is what we three will be doing during this month.  Just this morning, we were together for a visit and put our heads together and came up with our team name - The Sparkling Snowflakes.





You might notice that our team name is the Sparkly Snowflakes.  This change was our first decision as a team.   I think we will work very well together.  We are all looking forward to the first prompt and hope that you will enjoy our poems.  We haven't decided yet how we will create our poems as a team, but that will be part of the fun.  We will let you know this exciting journey moves along for us and we can't wait to find out about all of you out there all over the world!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, this picture says it all. The concentration, the fireplace. The Sunshine Elves sit down in Australia and try to imagine just this atmosphere but as it is, it's summer in their place.
    Now Sparkly Snowflakes, I can't wait to see what poetic marks you'll put on this poetic earth map of ours.
    Go, go, go Sparkly Snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Andrea - This is a wonderful idea and we are all having a great deal of fun!

      Delete
  2. The Sunshine Elves sit down in Australia, but the first two photos could easily be from Australia. The third picture, only from a small section of Australia. It does get cold here at times, you know. And I myself have a fireplace/wood heater, and love to put it on in the few weeks of winter. Looking forward to the challenge. Do we all have to do a page to lodge poems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand now that we did not have to do a separate blog - but this has been fun for the girls and I to have. It is wonderful that we can all be together - you in Australia and the three of us in two different places on the East Coast of the United States. Terrific name, by the way for your team!

      Delete
  3. I love your new site here, Pearl. Yay, for you and your partners. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your new poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudsy - We thought it might be difficult to get together and collaborate - but we seem to have found a way. I am enjoying the new site here with my partners. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Oh thank you to Andrea and to The Sunshine Elves and to Claudette -
    Like snowflakes we are all very different but like snowflakes we also stick together and melt and warmth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sparkly Snowflakes, dear lovely girls! Because we are another two "girls" living on the sea-coast, which actually looks just as the ocean coast, you are particularly charming and special to us. My little Silvie is greatly inspired by poetry-loving "big girls" with long hair :-) Hopefully, the snowflakes like music and dancing, too - in order to inspire Silvie even more.

    Hugs, the Yellow Ninja team
    http://phoenix-em.com/mariyakoleva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rori Cate has read your comment and asked me to let you know that YES she enjoys dancing and singing very much. Halle Lynn, older sister, has been in dance since she was a very little girl as well.

      How old is Silvie?

      Delete
    2. Hi there, Sparkly Snowflakes (Rori, Halle and Pearl). Silvie will be 4 years old on 9th February.
      Really enjoying this :-)
      MK

      Delete
  6. I don't know how I missed this great introductory page but I think I must have ... it's wonderful! I love the pictures of Lido Beach (which I've been trying to imagine) and your picture with the girls, from the back, is lovely and mysterious ... a very cool blog-site. I will return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you Ms Sharon - we did this quickly and have more work to do - but like you we wanted a home for our poems for this challenge and maybe even beyond :). Thanks again for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete